Doha – Qatar, Jan 28, 2013: The International Centre for Sport Security (ICSS) is pleased to announce that the media accreditation process for its 3rd annual conference – Securing Sport 2013 – is now open.
Taking place on March 18-19 in Doha, Securing Sport 2013 will bring together 400 international experts and stakeholders to share knowledge and best practice in sport, safety, security and integrity under the theme of “Advancing the security and integrity of sport to safeguard the future”.
As with previous ICSS conferences, a line-up of high profile speakers is already confirmed including:
• Denis Oswald, President of the Association of Summer Olympic International Federations (ASOIF) and the International Rowing Federation (FISA)
• Hassan Al Thawadi, Secretary General of the Supreme Committee for the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar™
• Wilfried Lemke, Special Adviser to the Secretary-General of the United Nations
• Gérard Houllier OBE, Head of Global Soccer, Red Bull
• Bill Bock, General Counsel, US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)
• John Amaechi OBE, Managing Director, Amaechi Performance Systems
• Alexander Atamanenko, CEO, Donbass Arena, Donetsk
• Hein Verbruggen, President of SportAccord
• Lord Stevens, Chairman, ICSS Advisory Board and former Commissioner London’s Metropolitan Police
• Alessandro Del Piero, winner of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ and Chairman of the “Save the Dream” initiative
Topics at Securing Sport 2013 include:
• Should Police Always Lead Sports Investigations?
• Is Sport Protecting its Elite at the Expense of its Integrity?
• The Role of Sport – Advancing the International Community to Safeguard the Future
• How Much is Your Security Worth?
The conference will be held at Qatar’s leading visitor attraction, the Katara Cultural Village in Doha.
Members of the media who wish to be accredited for Securing Sport 2013 are required to register their details at http://www.securingsport.com/media-centre-2/media-registration/.
Accreditations are limited and subject to confirmation by the ICSS. Once your accreditation has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from the ICSS before the start of the conference.
The deadline for media accreditation is Wednesday 13th March 2013.
Interview opportunities will be available and further speakers, panellists and events will be announced over the coming weeks. Further details about the conference can be found at www.securingsport.com —- By Will Shand
Share on Facebook