Doha – Qatar Mar 13, 2013: The International Centre for Sport Security (ICSS) has announced BMW as the Official Car Sponsor of Securing Sport 2013.
Taking place on March 18-19 in Doha, Securing Sport 2013 will bring together 400 international experts and stakeholders to share knowledge and best practice in sport, safety, security and integrity under the theme of “Advancing the security and integrity of sport to safeguard the future”.
As the Official Car Sponsor of the event, BMW will provide a fleet of 60 luxurious BMW cars – the X6, X5, 7-series and 5-series – to ensure the safe and pleasurable transportation of all Securing Sport 2013 guests. The BMW partnership is with the Doha-based Alfardan Automobiles, Official BMW Group Importer in Qatar.
Mr Helmut Spahn, Executive Director of the ICSS, said: “We are delighted to announce BMW as the Official Car Sponsor of Securing Sport 2013 and are proud to be associated with such a prominent and high-profile brand. BMW is a global organisation, recognised for its exceptional safety record and significant influence on the luxury automotive industry. On behalf of the ICSS, I would like to thank Alfardan Automobiles, who are an active supporter of international sports events around Qatar.”
Mr Mohamed Kandeel, General Manager Alfardan Automobiles, said: “BMW is a premium brand with a long and proud association with sport across the globe. Securing Sport 2013 brings together some of the world’s leading sport security and integrity experts and, as the Official BMW Group Importer in Qatar, we’re honoured to be a partner of this event.”
High-profile speakers and leading figures confirmed for this year’s conference include:
• John Abbott, Chair of the Interpol Integrity in Sport Steering Group
• Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros, CEO of the European Professional Football Leagues
• Juliette Kayyem, Lecturer in Public Policy at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government
• Moya Dodd, Vice-President of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC)
• Denis Oswald, President of the Association of Summer Olympic International Federations and the International Rowing Federation (FISA)
• Bill Bock, General Counsel, US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)
• Sylvia Schenk, Senior Advisor for Sport at Transparency International
• Gérard Houllier OBE, Head of Global Soccer, Red Bull
• Alexander Atamanenko, CEO, Donbass Arena, Donetsk
• Lord Stevens, Chairman, ICSS Advisory Board and former Commissioner London’s Metropolitan Police
• John Amaechi OBE, Managing Director, Amaechi Performance Systems
Confirmed organisations attending Securing Sport 2013 include:
• 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar Supreme Committee
• 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Organising Committee
• Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games Organising Committee
• Qatar Olympic Committee
• International Cricket Council
• European Professional Football Leagues
• The FA Premier League
• German Football Association
• Real Madrid
• New York Yankees
• UK Ministry of Sports
• United Nations
• International Association of Chiefs of Police
• Court of Arbitration for Sport
• World Health Organization
About Alfardan Automobiles
Alfardan Automobiles is the official BMW Group importer in Qatar, representing the brands BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars.
Established in 1996, with its conveniently located landmark showrooms, it is backed by a full complement of aftersales facilities featuring the very latest computerization in service and diagnostic tools and technologies.
Alfardan Automobiles aims at being the leading service provider for the premium motorist brands enthusiasts. With its extended business hours, the full support of BMW Group’s Headquarters and experienced and fully trained staff, it offers service which is second to none.
After the launch of the first BMW showroom, Alfardan Automobiles has been expanding its investments to widen its products availability in the most prominent locations of the fast growing state of Qatar.
The year 2008 witnessed the opening of the second BMW state-of-the-art showroom in West Bay. The success has followed in 2009 by the inauguration of the Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Doha showroom located The Pearl-Qatar. —- By: Will Shand
Share on Facebook