Lausanne, Oct 6, 2016: The media credential application for the WBSC U-23 Baseball World Cup 2016 in Monterrey, Mexico, is now open at http://credentials.wbsc.org and will remain open until Monday, 24 October.
All members of the media, both local/national and international, intending to cover the U-23 world championship in Monterrey must apply directly to WBSC through this online accreditation system.
The U-23 World Cup, which begins on Friday, 28 October, will be the top international baseball competition of the year and will distribute 690 world ranking points to the winner, which is the third-largest award, following the PREMIER12 and the World Baseball Classic.
• Pre-event press conference with National Team managers:
o When: Thursday, 27 October at 17:30
o Where: Location will be announced in coming days
• Competition Venues:
1. Estadio de Beisbol Monterrey — Av. Manuel L. Barragán S/N, Regina, 64290 Monterrey, N.L., Mexico
2. El Estadio Madero — Jesús Valdéz Sánchez 1 Int. B, Topochico, 25284 Saltillo, Coah., Mexico
3. Estadio de Beisbol Poli Deportivo Tigres — Francisco Villa s/n colonia ex hacienda el Canadá, Gral. Escobedo N.L., Mexico
GUIDELINES FOR NON-RIGHTS HOLDING (“NRH”) MEDIA
Coverage by Non-Rights Holding TV/RADIO and Crew
• Only rights holders of applicable games may transmit game footage (audio and/or video) of the WBSC U-23 Baseball World Cup.
• NRH media credentials provide access to official training sessions, games, mixed zone, press conferences and Opening/Closing Ceremonies.
• Credentials will be granted by specific category (i.e., Press, Photographer, Radio, TV), and access will be granted accordingly.
• Photographers and NRH TV crew will be required to wear bibs.
Credentials may be picked up at the 27-Oct Press Conference (from 16:30) or at Estadio de Beisbol Monterrey – home of the Sultanes — from 28-Oct (from 08:00). —- WBSC