Lausanne, Jan22, 2014: The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) is offering three (3) internship scholarships for media undergraduates and graduates to come and work for the ITTF at the ZEN-NOH 2014 World Team Table Tennis Championships in Tokyo, Japan from 28 April – 5 May 2014.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for an aspiring young media professional to gain experience, in one of the world’s biggest events, working for an International Federation.
Each candidate will have full access to all media facilities and players, and will work alongside the ITTF team, which will provide an exceptional experience for the selected candidates.
The ITTF is looking for recent media, journalism, broadcast, film or sports management (or equivalent) university undergraduates or graduates that have an interest in sport and large sporting events.
Candidates must not be over the age of 35 and have a good level of English (additional languages are a plus).
Candidates must feel comfortable completing the following tasks:
• Interviewing players and taking flash quotes
• Writing daily reviews of the event
• Creation of daily summaries to be sent to fans and media
• Assisting with writing press releases
• Assisting with the running of ITTF’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram)
• Assisting with the creation of media documents in the lead up to the event
• Assisting with the management of the media areas such as the mixed zone, media centre and press tribune
• Monitoring global media activity and providing daily reports
ZEN-NOH 2014 World Team Table Tennis Championships
The ZEN-NOH 2014 World Team Table Tennis Championships is set to be the first major sporting event in Japan since they have been awarded the 2020 Olympic Games, so media interest will be at an all time high. To understand the scope of the event, here are some statistics from last year’s World Championships in Paris:
• People watching the men’s final on CCTV: 36.6 million (3rd highest viewed sporting event this year in China)
• People watching the women’s final on CCTV: 50 million (2nd highest viewed sporting event this year in China)
• Hours telecasted on CCTV: 62
• Hours telecasted on Eurosport: 32.5
• ITTF.com was the 2nd most popular Olympic International Federation website, only behind FIFA and ahead of the IOC
• itTV (ITTF’s live streaming platform) live viewers: 2,239 543
• itTV (ITTF’s live streaming platform) on demand viewers: 1,797,688 Spectators through the gates: 64,956
• YouTube Views on WTTC material: 2.65 million
• Minutes watched on WTTC YouTube Videos: 10.25 million
• ITTF’s Facebook Impressions: 2.8 million
• 801 players from 128 countries participated
Working Conditions and Accommodation
The ITTF offers free board and accommodation on site in an official hotel of the ZEN-NOH 2014 World Team Table Tennis Championships in Tokyo, Japan from 27 April to 6 May 2014, as well as access to the media facilities
The airfare, all leisure activities, as well as visa applications remains the candidate’s responsibility.
The ITTF reserves the right to choose freely from the applications and no correspondence relating to the selection process will be entertained.
The selection will be made by the chair of the ITTF Media Committee and ITTF Promotion Manager, whose decision is final.
Applications should be sent to the ITTF before 1 March 2014.
Please send a full curriculum vita and cover letter explaining why you want this opportunity to work for the ITTF.
Please send your applications to ITTF’s Promotion Manager Matt Pound at [email protected] —- Photo by Remy Gros, ITTF
Share on Facebook