Geneva, Switzerland; July 21, 2015: The International Centre for Sport Security (ICSS) has announced that the media accreditation process for the Financial Integrity and Transparency in Sport (FITS) FORUM is now open.
The event, being held at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Conference Centre in Geneva, Switzerland on 3rd and 4th September 2015, will bring together the world’s leaders from sport, government and the financial and commercial sectors to address the crucial threats facing the governance, financial integrity and transparency of sport, and pave the way towards long overdue reform.
Topics and themes that will be addressed at the FITS FORUM include:
• Money laundering, tax evasion and other financial malpractice in sport
• Third party ownership of players’ economic rights
• The need for financial supervision mechanisms in sport
• Club ownership rules and fit and proper tests
• Good governance reforms in sport
• Players’ transfers, agents activities and financial transactions
• The rising activity offshore investment funds in football, its ownership and financial supervision
• Bidding processes for sports events and media rights
Confirmed speakers so far already include:
• Rick McDonell, Executive Secretary of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
• Nicola Bonucci, Director Legal of the OECD
• Leonard McCarthy, Vice President of the World Bank
• Miguel Cardenal, Secretary of State of Sport of Spain
• Mohammed Hanzab, President of ICSS
• Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros, CEO of the ICSS EUROPE and LATIN AMERICA
• Sefton Perry, Manager of Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play of UEFA
• Nic Coward, General Secretary of The Premier League
• Joel Lange, Managing Director of Dow Jones Risk & Compliance
• Javier Tebas, President of the Spanish Football League
• Barney Francis, CEO of SKY SPORTS
• Ian Ayres, CEO of Liverpool FC
• Jean-Claude Biver, President of the Louis Vuitton Group and HUBLOT
A full conference agenda will be announced over the next few weeks.
Please note accreditations are limited and subject to confirmation by the ICSS. If your accreditation request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from the ICSS before the start of the conference.
In order to submit your request, members of the media should register their details at https://www.etouches.com/esurvey/fitsmedia before 5pm BST, Friday 21st August 2015.
For details about the FITS FORUM and the ICSS’s global project on Financial Integrity and Transparency in Sport, please visit www.theicss.org
For any media enquiries and to submit your interview requests for FITS or the ICSS please contact:
+44 207 812 6589 / +44 7557 418 187
+974 333 416 55 / +44 77 52 73 1548.