Lausanne, August 11, 2014: The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) has been shortlisted for the prestigious “Beyond Sport: Sport Federation or Governing Body of the Year” for the third year in a row for its successful Dream Building Program.
ITTF’s Deputy CEO Glenn TEPPER stated: “ITTF Dream Building being shortlisted by the prestigious “Beyond Sport” awards is due recognition of what is in the ITTF DNA, CSR or Corporate Social Responsibility-using table tennis as a vehicle for social change.”
“ITTF’s long history of involvement with social projects has recently become more targeted and professionally presented through ITTF Dream Building, thanks to the combined efforts of the ITTF Singapore Office, ITTF Marketing and ITTF Development. This is sure to continue under ITTF’s new presidency with DTTB having actively supported ITTF’s Development Program since 2006”.
The ITTF Dream Building Program is a marketing initiative by the ITTF Marketing Department to raise funds to invest into development, junior and para programs across the world. The inaugural ITTF Star Awards held in Dubai in January was one of the key events to raise funds for these vital programs.
All of the ITTF’s programs take the below aspects into consideration to ensure a lasting legacy:
• Systematic activities organized in the frame of a long term development plan which aims to spread table tennis globally, in better and sustainable conditions;
• Creativity to maximise the use of funds in educating our human resources as multi-skilled experts, leaving the maximum legacy on each visit to a country;
• Emphasis on the younger generations and less developed associations;
• Inclusion as a key word in any possible program, project or activity;
• Social responsibility high on the agenda by creating opportunities for those in need and minority groups; and
• Establishment of long term partnerships with global organizations, local Non-Governmental Organisations and National Associations, including UNOSDP, Peace and Sport and IPC to name a few.
Being shortlisted for the “Beyond Sport: Sport Federation or Governing Body of the Year” is yet another accolade for the efforts of the ITTF Development Programme; a whole host of awards have already been gained through innovative projects.
In 2013 the ITTF claimed the SportAccord Spirit of Sport Award. Before that, in 2009, the”best International Federation” was presented to the ITTF at the “Peace and Sport Award”; whilst on several occasions the ITTF has been short listed at the “FICTS Sport Movies and TV Awards” gaining a Mention D´Honneur in 2012.
In addition to these, in 2012 the ITTF Women’s Development Programme was awarded, and one year earlier the ITTF won the SportBusiness International “Making the difference” awards.
ITTF Development Director Leandro OLVECH added: “It is an honor for us to be shortlisted again for the Beyond Sport Awards, I am sure it helps the ITTF, sponsors and partners to get more exposure showing what can do sport for the positive social change. This should also encourage the National Associations to establish their own humanitarian projects which is our ultimate aim” —- ITTF