Lausanne, July 24, 2014: The International Boxing Association (AIBA) is delighted to announce the key decisions of the 2014 – 2015 AIBA Executive Committee following its annual meeting held from July 15 until July 18 in Istanbul, Turkey.
The AIBA Executive Committee (EC) discussed and approved the following matters:
• EC approved the 35 Million investments to support AIBA exclusive global marketing company; the Boxing Marketing Arm (BMA) from the First Commitment International Trade Ltd. (FCIT) based in Hong Kong and rejected all other investment proposals.
• EC approved the 2014 Congress Agenda to take place in November in Jeju Island. Korea and Election Procedure, additionally approved key amendments to AIBA Statutes.
• EC approved amendments to AIBA Technical Rules, AIBA Open Boxing (AOB), AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) and World Series of Boxing (WSB) Competition Rules.
• EC approved the new budgets for the period of 2014–2015 for all AIBA organizations and their business plans.
• EC chose the below host National Federations / cities for AIBA Events due to take place in 2015–2016:
Chinese Taipei Boxing Association to host the 2015 AIBA Junior/Youth Women’s Boxing Championships in Taipei City
Boxing Federation of Russia to host the 2015 AIBA Junior World Boxing Championships in St. Petersburg
Boxing Federation of Russia to host the 2016 AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships in St Petersburg
Cameroon Boxing Federation to host the 2016 AOB African Olympic Qualifying Event in Yaounde
Argentinian Boxing Federation to host 2016 AOB American Olympic Qualifying Event in Buenos Aires
Chinese Boxing Federation to host the 2016 AOB Asian/Oceania Olympic Qualifying Event in Qian’an
Turkey Boxing Federation to host the 2016 AOB European Olympic Qualifying Event in Istanbul
Boxing Federation of Azerbaijan to host the 2016 Final AOB World Olympic Qualifying Event in Baku
Kazakhstan Boxing Federation to host the 2016 AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships in Astana. —- AIBA
Share on Facebook