Lausanne, Jan 27, 2015: The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) is offering three (3) media internships to work for the ITTF at the Qoros 2015 World Table Tennis Championships in Suzhou, China from 26 April – 3 May 2015.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for aspiring young media professionals to gain experience, in one of the world’s biggest events, working for an International Federation.
Each candidate will have full access to all media facilities and players, and will work alongside the ITTF media team, which will provide an exceptional experience for the selected candidates.
The ITTF is looking for recent university undergraduates or graduates in the fields of media, journalism, broadcast, film or sports management (or equivalent), who have an interest in sports and large sporting events.
Candidates must not be over the age of 35 and have a good level of English proficiency (spoken & written). Additional languages are a plus.
Candidates must feel comfortable completing the following tasks:
• Interviewing players and taking flash quotes;
• Writing daily reviews of the event;
• Creation of daily summaries to be sent to fans and media;
• Assisting with the writing of press releases;
• Assisting with the running of ITTF’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram);
• Assisting with the creation of media documents in the lead up to the event;
• Assisting with the management of the media areas such as the mixed zone, media centre and press tribune;
• Monitoring global media activity and providing daily reports.
Qoros 2015 World Table Tennis Championships
The Qoros 2015 World Table Tennis Championships will be held in the current table tennis super power, China, so the local and international media interest is going to be immense, which will be a great experience for the three selected candidates.
To understand the scope of the event, here are some statistics from last year’s World Championships in Tokyo, Japan:
• Hours telecast in on Chinese TV: 102 hours, with 50 of those hours being on CCTV
• Unique viewers in China: 188 million
• Hours telecast on Eurosport: 12 hours
• Hours telecast to the rest of the world: 373 hours
• Fans who watched the World Championships on itTV: 878,998
• ITTF.com’s ranking among Olympic Sports: 2
• Press articles written about the Championships: 6,284
• Facebook impressions: 10,051,626
• #TTokyo2014 Twitter mentions: 2365
• Instagram likes: 26,241
• YouTube views on World Championship content: 4.2 million
• Accredited media: 904
• Spectators: 43,209
• Participating countries and regions: 117
• Participating teams: Men: 110 / Women: 94
• Players: 791 (Men: 439 / women: 352)
• Team officials and staff: 664
• Umpires: 136 (International: 66 / Japanese: 70)
• Event operation officials and staff: 850
• Volunteers: 905
Working Conditions and Accommodation
The ITTF offers free board and accommodation on site in an official hotel of the Qoros 2015 World Table Tennis Championships from 22 April to 4 May 2015, as well as access to the media facilities.
The airfare, all leisure activities, as well as visa applications remains the candidate’s responsibility.
To apply for one of the ITTF Media internship positions, please fill out this form: http://www.edm.ittf.com/surveys.php?id=10.
Applications should be sent to the ITTF before 1 March 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact ITTF’s Promotion Manager Matt Pound [email protected] —- ITTF
Share on Facebook