IPC Press Release: The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) has announced its shortlist for September’s Athlete of the Month award, The full shortlist for September includes Tom Aggar (Great Britain): Won gold in the Adaptive Men’s Arms and Shoulders Single Sculls at Rowing World Championships on Lake Bled, Slovenia, retaining his world title and earning a qualification spot for London 2012.
– Allison Jones (USA): Retained world titles in both the C2 Road Race and Time Trial events at the UCI Para-Cycling Road World Championships in Roskilde, Denmark.
– Mark Rohan (Ireland): Won gold in both the H1 handcycling Road Race and Time Trial at the UCI Para-Cycling Road World Championships in Roskilde, Denmark.
– Great Britain’s men’s Wheelchair Basketball team: Won its first European Championship since 1995, defeating Germany in the finals in Nazareth, Israel.
– Germany’s women’s Wheelchair Basketball team: Was undefeated at the European Championships in Nazareth, Israel, beating the Netherlands in the final game to capture the gold.
Previous winners of the award in 2011 are as follows:
– January: Yon Santacana (Spain’s world champion Alpine Skier)
– February: Italy’s Ice Sledge Hockey European Championship team
– March: Neil Fachie (Great Britain’s world champion track Para-Cyclist)
– April: Mikhalina Lysova (Russia’s world champion Biathlete and Cross-Country Skier)
– May: Kristy Pond (Australia’s multi-medal winner at the Arafura Games)
– June: Zoe Newson (Great Britain’s junior world champion in Powerlifting)
– July: Danielle Brown (Great Britain’s three-time medallist at the Para-Archery World Championships)
– August: Ellie Cole (Australia’s six-time gold medallist at Para Pan Pacific Swimming Championships)
Share on Facebook