Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia, Feb 24, 2013: Olympic Council of Malaysia, 16th National Olympic Academy Session for Young Participants 2013 – from Monday, 25th February (arrival) to Friday, 1st March 2013 (departure), at Wisma OCM, Kuala Lumpur.
Olympic Solidarity (OS)/Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) Annual Regional Forum 2013 – 26th & 27th March 2013 at Siem Reap Angkor, Cambodia.
Sukan Malaysia 2013 – 28th June to 7th July 2013 in Kuala Lumpur.
32nd OCM Annual General Assembly 2013– Saturday, 22nd June 2013, Wisma OCM, Kuala Lumpur.
International Sports Events 2013
12th International Session for Directors of National Olympic Academies 2013 – 12th to 19th May 2013 at Olympia, Greece.
ANOC Extraordinary General Assembly 2013 – 15th & 16th June 2013 in Lausanne.
53rd International Session for Young Participants 2013 – 11th to 25th June 2013 at Olympia, Greece.
5th ASEAN Schools Games 2013 – 22nd June to 2nd July 2013, at Hanoi, Vietnam.
1st Asian Schools Athletics Championships 2013 – 17th to 24th September 2013 at National Sports Council Track, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur.
Hockey Junior World Cup in Delhi 6th to15th December 2013.
Major Multi-Sports Games
3rd Islamic Solidarity Games 2013 – 6th to 17th June 2013 at Riau Province, Indonesia.
4th Asian Indoor & Marshal Arts Games 2013 – 29th June to 6th July 2013 at Incheon, Korea.
2nd Asian Youth Games 2013 – 16th to 24th August 2013 ay Nanjing, China.
27th SEA Games 2013 – 11th to 22nd December 2013 in Nay Pyi Taw, Yangon, Mandalay (Women’s Football), and Pathein Township (Ngwesaung Beach) for Sailing.
XXII Olympic Winter Games 2014 – 7th to 23rd February 2014 at Sochi, Russia,
XX Commonwealth Games 2014 – 23rd July to 3rd August 2014 at Glasgow, Scotland.
17th Asian Games 2014 – 19th September to 4th October 2014 at Incheon, Korea.
XXXI Olympic Summer Games 2016 – 5th to 21st August 2016 at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
News Items: 166th OCM Council Meeting 2013
The 166th OCM Council Meeting was held on Saturday, 23rd February 2013 at 9.30 a.m. at Level 2C, OCM Indoor Sports Arena, Wisma OCM, Kuala Lumpur. The following matters were considered:
• Received a briefing on the Move Malaysia Programe by Y.Bhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Dr. M. Jegathesan, Chairman of the Task Force.
• Decided to review the policy on the participation in multi-sports Games and in particular on Category B athletes and officials, based on the paper presented by Dato’ Sieh Kok Chi at the 165th OCM Council meeting held on 3rd November 2012.
• Noted that the National Sports Council Malaysia has won the case against MESUMA on the rights over the “Tiger Stripes”.
• Noted the details of the TOP VIII (2013 to 2016) and TOP IX (2017 to 2020) Programme provided by the IOC Marketing Department to OCM
• Approved the transfer of the annual dividends from OCM’s share of the funds invested in Amnah Saham to the Tan Sri Alex Lee Athletes Education Fund.
• Approved Dato’ Sieh Kok Chi, Hon. Secretary and Encik Fong Wan Hor, Assist. General Manager of OCM to attend the OCM Regional Forum on the new Olympic Solidarity Quadrennial Plan for the period 2013 to 2016 in Siem Reap on 26th & 27th March 2013.
• Confirmed Encik Yong Choo Kong, Hon. Treasurer of OCM as the Chef de mission of the Malaysian Contingent to the 4th Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games 2013.
• A brief report on Institute Sukan Negara was presented by Tuan Haji Md. Saadon A. Shukor, Pengarah of ISN.
• A brief report on SUKMA 2013 was presented by Y.Bhg. Dato’ Low Beng Choo, Chairperson of the Technical Committee of SUKMA.
• Noted with concerns, the take-over of the Bukit Kiara Lawn Bowls Complex by the government for the development of a Badminton Academy.
• Confirmed the 32nd OCM Annual General Assembly 2013 would be held on Saturday, 22nd June 2013, at 9.30 a.m. at the Tan Sri Hamzah Arena, Wisma OCM, Kuala Lumpur.
The Chef de Mission’s report of the London 2012 Olympic Games and the Chef de Mission’s Report of the 3rd Asian Beach Games were distributed to the members present at the Meeting.
2013 OCM Sports Goodwill Ambassadors Annual Gathering
The Annual Gathering of the OCM Sports Goodwill Ambassadors was successfully organized on Saturday, 23rd February 2013, at Level 2C, OCM Indoor Sports Complex, Wisma OCM, Kuala Lumpur, at around 11.30 am, after the 166th OCM Council Meeting.
Mr. David Noon a senior consultant of UCSI Blue Ocean Strategy (BOS) presented a very interesting and educational paper on BOS after which a Q&A session was held. Mr. Noon stressed on the need ‘to think out of the box’ and look at things differently. He proposed a theme ‘value up, cost down’ stating that increasing value through increased cost is not beneficial at all and should not be done. In thanking Mr. Noon for his presentation, YAM Tunku Tamn Sri Imran ibni Almarhum Tuanku Ja’afar, President of OCM, requested the members present to think how to apply the concept of Blue Ocean Strategy to the preparation of their own NSAs’ Strategy Plans.
16th National Olympic Academy Session for Young Participants 2013.
The 16th National Olympic Academy Session for Young Participants will be held from Monday, 25th February (arrival) to Friday, 1st March 2013 (departure), at Wisma OCM, Kuala Lumpur. The best Malaysian male and the best Malaysian female participant from the representatives of the NSAs will be selected to attend in the International Olympic Academy Session in Olympia in mid 2013. A total of 40 participants have registered to attend the 16th NOC Session, out of who 17 are from overseas.
27th SEA Games Broadcasters’ Meeting
The Mass Media and Information Committee formed by the Myanmar SEA Games Organizing Committee (MYASOC), will be organising the 27th SEA Games Broadcasters’ Meeting, scheduled from 20th to 23rd March, 2013 in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. Malaysian TV stations have been invited to attend.
OCM Selection Committee Meeting
The OCM Selection Committee Meeting will be held on Wednesday, 27th February 2013 from 4.00 p.m. at OCM Boardroom, 1st Floor, Wisma OCM, Kuala Lumpur. The Meeting will select the athletes and teams to participate in the 3rd Islamic Solidarity Games 2013. —- OCM
Share on Facebook