By Amelia Fisher-Starzynski, Apr 18, 2017: Global Twitter Impressions, The Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Bid Committee hashtag #Paris2024 has achieved more than one billion impressions in 200 countries on Twitter since the turn of the year. The result is verified by a report completed by social media specialist Visibrain.
Since January 1st, the engagement of the sports movement, athletes, bid partners as well as several domestic and international events have helped to propel the hashtag to one billion impressions all around the world, including moments such as:
• The illumination of the Eiffel Tower in the colours of the candidature on February 3rd, as the international phase of the bid began.
• The viral video of Jean Dujardin pledging George Clooney’s support for Paris 2024 during a comedic translation at the 42nd “César Awards”, held in Paris.
• The support of the French National Football Team, and in particular Olivier Giroud, who made the “Paris sign” while celebrating his goals against Luxembourg on March 25th.
• The launch of the mobile app “Objectif Paris 2024” on April 3rd, which invites users to show support for the bid by getting active and completing fitness challenges.
• The mobilisation of the bid’s key social media supporters during SportAccord Convention 2017, where the bid team gave a presentation to International Federations (IFs), highlighting our unique vision for 2024.
• The support of France’s the most influential YouTubers at a unique event with Olympian Teddy Riner on April 8th.
Alongside these events, Paris 2024 has also relied on French influencers with an international audience, including Olympic Champion Teddy Riner, actor Omar Sy, TV presenter Nikos Aliagas, singer Mr. Pokora, YouTuber Norman and football star Antoine Griezmann.
Thanks to the mobilisation of these supporters, the Paris 2024 bid has become a candidature with sharing and public engagement at its heart, as it prepares to welcome the world in 2024.
Paris 2024 Bid Co-Chair and three-time Olympic Champion, Tony Estanguet, said:
“This impressive level of digital engagement measured over recent months shows that Paris 2024 is a topic that excites and mobilises people across the world. We are a bid that is open to engaging with the youth, both in France and around the world. The new generations have sharing at the heart of everything they do and our Games will guarantee an engaged, youthful audience for the Olympic Movement.”
Visibrain CEO, Nicolas Huguenin, added:
“The scope and the popularity of hashtag #Paris2024 testifies to the substantive work the Paris 2024 team has done to share its bid with the world.
“A billion impressions, achieved over a short period of just 100 days, shows the very keen interest of international internet users for the subject and the general appetite for the bid overall.”
global Twitter impressions global Twitter impressions global Twitter impressions global Twitter impressions
Share on Facebook