Tokyo, Nov 22, 2018: The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) is currently recruiting City Volunteers Application who will welcome guests and act as the face of the host city for the Tokyo 2020 Games.
We would like to announce that, following a decision by the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee to close the recruitment for Games Volunteers on 21 December 2018, TMG has also extended the application period for City Volunteers. We are continuing to look forward to many future applicants.
1. Application Period Change City Volunteers Application Period
Wednesday 26 September starting at 1:00 pm to Friday 21 December closing at 5:00 pm.
* Applications are not registered on a first-come-first-served basis.
2. Number of Recruits (no change)/City Volunteers Application Period
Approximately 20,000* individuals
*A total of 30,000 individuals will become City Volunteers. This includes approximately 10,000 individuals as follows:
– Tokyo Tourism Volunteers and volunteers in Tokyo for the Rugby World Cup 2019™, Japan who wish to also volunteer for the Tokyo 2020 Games
– Applicants who receive recommendations from municipalities within Tokyo (approximately 5,000 individuals), and others.
3. Number of Applicants (as of 10:00 am on Wednesday 21 November)/City Volunteers Application Period
Total of 15,180 applicants
Breakdown of applicants:
・60% of applicants are female
・A wide range of age groups have applied (Almost 50% of applicants are teens to 40’s)
* For detailed information regarding City Volunteers, please see the Tokyo Metropolitan Volunteerism Navigation Website. —- http://www.city-volunteer.metro.tokyo.jp/en/index.html
Share on Facebook