Lausanne, Dec 1, 2015: The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) is offering three (3) media internships to work for the International Table Tennis Federation at the Perfect 2016 World Team Table Tennis Championships in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 28 February – 6 March 2016.
This will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for aspiring young media professionals to gain experience, at one of the world’s biggest events, working for an International Federation.
Each candidate will have full access to all media facilities and players, and will work alongside the ITTF media team, which will provide an exceptional rewarding experience for the selected candidates.
The ITTF is looking for recent university undergraduates or graduates in the fields of media, journalism, broadcast, film or sports management (or equivalent), who have an interest in sports and large sporting events.
Candidates must not be over the age of 35 and have a good level of English proficiency (spoken & written). Additional languages are a plus.
Candidates must feel comfortable completing the following tasks:
• Interviewing players and taking flash quotes;
• Writing daily reviews of the event;
• Creation of daily summaries to be sent to fans and media;
• Assisting with the writing of press releases;
• Assisting with the running of ITTF’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram);
• Assisting with the creation of media documents in the lead up to the event;
• Assisting with the management of the media areas such as the mixed zone, media centre and press tribune;
• Monitoring global media activity and providing daily reports.
Perfect 2016 World Team Table Tennis Championships
The Perfect 2016 World Team Table Tennis Championships will see the world’s best teams battle for the honour to be called the World Team Champion in Kuala Lumpur. The local and international media interest is going to be immense, which will be a great experience for the three selected candidates.
To understand the scope of the event, here are some statistics from last year’s World Championships in Suzhou, China, which was followed by more than 450 million people:
• Countries that broadcasted the event live on TV: 170
• CCTV viewers: 252 million
• World wide TV viewers: 330 million
• ITTF.com unique visitors over 8 days: 10 million
• itTV unique viewers over 8 days (live and on demand): 1 million
• 440 matches on itTV
• Countries that watched itTV: 179
• People who saw content on ITTF’s Facebook: 2,851,892
• YouTube views: 7 million
• Countries that watched content on YouTube: 231
• Minutes watched on YouTube: 25 million
• Accredited media: 1,000
• Media articles: 11,000
Working Conditions and Accommodation
The ITTF offers free hospitality and accommodation on site in an official hotel of the Perfect 2016 World Team Table Tennis Championships from 28 February – 6 March, as well as access to the media facilities.
The airfare, all leisure activities, as well as visa applications remains the candidate’s responsibility.
To apply for one of the ITTF Media internship positions, please fill out this form: http://www.edm.ittf.com/surveys.php?id=18.
Applications should be sent to the ITTF before 10 January 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact ITTF’s Promotion & Media Manager Matt Pound at [email protected] —-ITTF