Zurich, Aug 20, 2015: For the Olympic Football Tournaments Rio 2016 (3-21 August), FIFA is assisting the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to identify and allocate a limited number of Es (sport specific journalist) and EPs (sport specific photographer) accreditations to international football-specific media.
These accreditations will be allocated by the IOC to football-specific journalists and photographers who have not received an accreditation through their National Olympic Committee (NOC) in the Press by Number process for Rio 2016 which began on 5 March 2015.
Media working for Brazilian organisations are not eligible for this accreditation process and should contact the Comitê Olímpico Brasileiro (COB) at firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.
Es and EPs accredited persons will have access to the football matches in Belo Horizonte, Brasilia, Manaus, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and Sao Paulo.
Interested media representatives must complete the on-line application form available via the FIFA Media Channel by the deadline of Friday, 11 September 2015.
FIFA will recommend to the IOC a list of media representatives to be considered for Es and EPs accreditations. Please note that the application does not mean that your request was successful. The IOC will contact you in September to notify you of the final decision. Late applications will not be considered.
• Only football-specific print media organisations and websites may apply. Each organisation is limited to a maximum of one Es and one EPs accreditation.
• Only media working for organisations that have not been granted accreditation by their National Olympic Committee (NOC) may apply.
• Media working for Brazilian organisations are not eligible and should contact the Comitê Olímpico Brasileiro (COB).
• Radio and television organisations, and their media representatives, are not eligible.
• The International Olympic Committee is the responsible organisation.
• All applicants must be media professionals affiliated to one or several news organisations. Publishers, advertising or athletes’ agents, PR and promotion agents are not eligible.
• If your contact details change prior to 1 December 2015 or for any other questions, please contact email@example.com
Further information relating to key dates in the media accreditation process can be found at http://www.olympic.org/accred2016 —- FIFA