Football Archive

0

GoalControl confirmed as GLT provider

Zurich, Oct 11, 2013: Following the successful implementation of goal-line technology (GLT) at the FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil 2013, FIFA can confirm that GoalControl GmbH will be the official GLT provider for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™. The Germany-based company won a tender process in April that incorporated both tournaments, but

0

Tickets for Brazil 2014 in heavy demand

Zurich, Oct 11, 2013: heavy demand, A total of 6,164,682 requests for tickets for the 2014 FIFA World Cup had been received when the initial application period ended at 12.00 CET/07.00 BRA on Thursday 10 October 2013, of which 70.86 per cent were from Brazil, with the remaining 29.14 per cent from

0

AFC cautions Iraq over government interference

Malaysia, Oct 10, 2013: AFC has asked for an explanation from the Iraq Football Association on the influence of its government on deciding the national team’s participation in the next Gulf Cup. According to reports, the heads of football associations who participate in the Gulf Cup, have unanimously decided to shift venue

0

Media accreditation ACL Final 1st leg

Malaysia, Oct 10, 2013: Dear media representative, the media accreditation window for the AFC Champions League 2013 first leg is now open. The accreditation window will close on October 21, 2013. The first leg of the final between Korea Republic’s FC Seoul and China’s Guangzhou Evergrande will be played in Seoul on

0

Japan defend Women’s U-16 Championship title

Nanjing, Oct 6, 2013: Defender Kim Jong-sim missed from the spot as Japan successfully defended their title by beating DPR Korea 6-5 in the final of the AFC Women’s U-16 Championship which was decided by the penalty shootout. Earlier the match was locked at 1-1 during the regulation time and was subsequently

0

Sanctions of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee against Ukraine and Peru

Zurich, Oct 4, 2013: The FIFA Disciplinary Committee, 27 September 2013, notified the Football Federation of Ukraine (FFU) of sanctions imposed at the meeting held earlier today. In the preliminary competition match for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ between Ukraine and San Marino, played in Lviv, Ukraine on 6 September 2013,

0

Official Draw FIFA Club World Cup Morocco

Zurich, Oct 01, 2013: The Official Draw for the FIFA Club World Cup Morocco 2013 will take place at the La Mamounia Hotel in Marrakech on Wednesday, 9 October. Five of the seven teams who will take part in the competition are already known: Atlético Mineiro from Brazil, Auckland City FC from

1

Media accreditation for Final Draw FIFA World Cup™

Zurich – Switzerland, Sept 23, 2013: FIFA is pleased to announce that the accreditation process for media representatives wishing to cover the Final Draw of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ will take place via the FIFA Media Channel from 23 September until 18 October 2013. The draw ceremony will be conducted

0

Third FIFA World Cup™ Trophy Tour by Coca-Cola

Rio de Janeiro, Sept 12, 2013: FIFA and The Coca-Cola Company joined some of the greatest names in Brazilian football history today (Thursday 12 September) to announce the continuation of the highly anticipated FIFA World Cup™ Trophy Tour by Coca-Cola. World football’s greatest prize is set to embark on an extensive 267-day

0

Media accreditation FIFA U-17 World Cup

FIFA is pleased to announce that the media accreditation process for media representatives wishing to cover the FIFA U-17 World Cup UAE 2013 (17 October – 8 November 2013) will take place via the FIFA Media Channel from 2 September until 1 October 2013. Media accreditation via the FIFA Media Channel is