FIG has provided a credit to the Ukrainian Federation
Kuwait, May 9, 2014: Overview of core decisions and information published by the FIG Executive Committee at the close of its ordinary meeting, May 07- 08, 2014, in Kuwait City (KUW).
* With the approval of the Ukrainian NOC, the FIG Executive has provided a credit to the Ukrainian Federation, enabling it to participate in the European Artistic Gymnastics championships in May 2014, in Sofia (BUL).
* The following changes of nationality have been accepted:
|Van ZWOL Björn||Gymnast||MAG||NED||SWE|
* The amendments to the Rules of Accreditation are accepted.
* To promote the training of coaches, the principle of granting a license to federations has been accepted.
* A project is launched to create an Oceanic Union of Gymnastics (OGU).
* The number of elements in Acrobatic Gymnastics will be reduced from 1 January 2015 as follows:
– 8 for Balance and Dynamic exercises
– 10 for Combined exercises
The individual elements will be limited to 3 for Balance and Dynamic and 4 for Combined exercises.
* The Medical Commission welcomes the positive impact of the introduction of compulsory insurance for gymnasts from acquiring their licenses.
* The Executive received the applications of Puerto Rico (PUR) and Australia (AUS) to host the 15th Council in 2015. Decision will be made by the Council.
* The Chinese Gymnastics Association has nominated the Olympic Champion Li Ning (CHN) Ambassador of the artistic gymnastics world championships 2014 in Nanning (CHN).
* The second Olympic qualification will be held at the Test Events in Rio de Janeiro (BRA), from April 16 – 24, 2016.
* The 50th anniversary of Trampoline Gymnastics, respectively the foundation of the former Fédération Internationale de Trampoline (FIT) will be celebrated at the occasion of the Trampoline World Championships 2014 in Daytona Beach (USA.
The next meetings of the FIG Presidential Commission and Executive Committee will be held in Lausanne / Head Office (SUI), July 05 – 07, 2014. —- FIG