Ali Nawaz gets AFC Distinguished Service Award
Lahore – Pakistan, May 08, 2013: FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter & AFC Newly elected President Sheikh Salman Bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa presented the “AFC Distinguished Service Award 2013” to Pakistan Football Official and former Captain of Pakistan Team Ali Nawaz. It’s a great honor for PFF and the football family of Pakistan that Ali Nawaz received the most prestigious Award from the FIFA & AFC President.
According to the press release issued here by PFF. On 3rd May 2013 at 25th AFC Ordinary Congress 2013 AFC presented “AFC Distinguished Service Award 2013” to all those officials who have given their valuable services for the development and promotion of Football. AFC has appreciated their valuable contribution and as an admiration by presenting this prestigious Award.
FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter & AFC President Sheikh Salman Bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa admired the hallmark achievements of Ali Nawaz for the promotion and development of football and personally handed over the Award to Ali Nawaz.
• Ali Nawaz (AFC Gold Star Award)
Captain of Pakistan National Team in 1974, He played as professional player from 1974 – 1977. He served PFF for 16 Years as Vice President. He served as the member of AFC Expert Committee from 1990-1993.Holder of President’s Pride of Performance Award.
The President PFF “Makhdoom Syed Faisal Saleh Hayat”is very pleased that both FIFA and AFC Presidents gave such a tribute to our legendary player and this will further boost the spirits of football contributors in Pakistan
General Secretary PFF, Lt. Col. ® Ahmed Yar Khan Lodhi TI (M) is jubilant and said that it’s an honor for Pakistan that FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter & AFC President Sheikh Salman Bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa have recognized the valuable contribution of Ali Nawaz.
Distinguished Service Awards are handed over to those individuals from across the continents that had made an outstanding contribution to Asian football over the decades. The other 3 Officials who will receive the Awards in Pakistan for their outstanding contributions are:-
1. Qazi Muhammad Asif (AFC Gold Star Award)
• He played for Pakistan National Team from 1981 – 1985. He is currently the President of Pakistan Football Referee Association (PFRA) from 1997. Since 2002 is the member of PFF EXCO. He served as FIFA referee from 1988 – 1996.
2. Haroon Yousuf (AFC Silver Star Award)
• He represented Pakistan National Team as a Player from 1991 – 2003. He Captained the Pakistan National Team from 1990 – 2004.
3. Tanveer Ahmed (AFC Bronze Star Award)
• He represented Pakistan National Team as Player from 1993 to 2008. He was player of the year and known as (Iron Man of the Defence).