Media accreditation is now open for the FIFA Arab Cup 2021 Qualifiers
Zurich, June 8, 2021: The FIFA Arab Cup 2021™ (FAC 2021) will feature 23 teams (12 from Asia and 11 from Africa) who will participate in a qualification and final competition stage.
Of the 23 nations involved, the 14 lowest-ranked teams according to the April edition of the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Rankings will participate in single-leg qualification matches ahead of the final competition stage later this year.
Qualification matches are due to be held in Doha from 19 June until 25 June and will be played at Khalifa International Stadium, a FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ venue, and Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium, home of Al Sadd SC. Both venues will operate with a maximum 30% capacity.
Accreditation is now open and the LOC is inviting local media to apply before the deadline of 10 June 2021. Please note that only local media will be invited to apply for accreditation due to current COVID-19 precautionary measures.
Please note that late applications will not be accepted.
Media can apply for accreditation through the following link: https://qtportal.qa/darc/media/login.php
Please follow the instructions below to Apply:-.
- Creation of Account:
o Media need to ‘Create an Account’, entering details such as username, email ID and password, after which users need to click on ‘Register’.
o Users will then receive an activation link on the email account which they entered at the time of the creation of the account.
o Upon clicking, users will be transferred to the ‘Accreditation Request Portal’, where they will have to log in with their credentials, and then click on the ‘Add Request’ button (top left), which will bring them to the actual Application Form to fill.
- The First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name should be entered exactly as per the QID or Passport (whichever the applicant is using for Accreditation data submission).
- If the Applicant holds a valid QID, please choose document type as QID only.
- All fields are mandatory.
- Photographers should apply as ‘PHOTO’ and Written Press should apply as ‘PRESS’
Deadline for Accreditation submission is 10 June 2021.
All media and photographers covering the FAC 2021 Qualifiers can apply for accreditation if they meet the below criteria:
• Media and photographers who received the full COVID-19 vaccination, with a lapse of at least two weeks since completion of the vaccination programme.
• Media and photographers who already had COVID-19 and recovered within the last nine months.
• Participants must ALWAYS wear masks within the stadium premises (fully covered mouth and nose).
• Participants’ EHTERAZ App status must be green.
• Hand sanitisers must be used prior to entry and during work at the stadium.
Team Activities and Interviews
• Official Team Trainings will be closed to media due to bubble restrictions.
• Official Press Conferences / Mixed Zone Activity for participating teams will be conducted virtually due to bubble restrictions.
• Any Media Interview requests needs to go through the Media Team. Approved interviews will be done virtually as per the medical bubble restrictions.
Further details regarding media operations at the FAC 2021 will be shared with accredited media in due course.
Media Team Contact Details
For any enquiries regarding the accreditation process for the FAC 2021, or for general tournament information, please contact the LOC Media team on [email protected] —- FIFA